Monday, October 31, 2016

Halloween 2016

Happy Halloween, everyone! I hope you've all had/are having/will have a great day, filled with many spooky delights!

As for my Halloween, I was working like a madman yesterday preparing all the yumblies, which included lemon meringue pie, jelly set in a skull mold (attempt failed), custard to go with it, jelly in glasses for spiders (that is, root beer floats (with other sodas though), to you Americans), cookies with spooky icing (attempt failed), and a cola recipe I found online! Then there were the ghoulish lollies and chocolates I'd acquired over the course of the month. I enjoyed all of this while continuing my yearly tradition of marathoning Dead Gorgeous! And once that was over, I watched Elvira, Mistress of the Dark again...

Other things I did were carve a pumpkin, which went really well once again! I carved a Jack Skellington design. As for a costume, given that I live in the middle of nowhere, and there are no costumes/supplies to buy anywhere close to me, I had to make do with whatever was lying around the house...again. I was going to use some fun stickers from Emma of Little Gothic Horrors, so I could be a deranged apothecary, but I came up with something better! While I still had no idea how I could make myself look like a chemist without any supplies beyond a sticker of deadly nightshade, I came up with the idea to create a makeshift Killers from Space outfit!

May you all have a wonderful Halloween!...



{Pictures and screenshots incoming}

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Look what you have! An orange pumpkin! I know those are hard to come by for you guys! Was it difficult to find one? Good job with the carving! Those little teeth are a lot of work.

    Sounds like you had a busy night of it! "jelly in glasses for spiders" yeah, it's good you defined that one for the Americans out there. I know we'd talked about that already, but I was still like "huh?" for a second.

    I'd love to see a pic of that Killers from Space outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I also have a Jarrahdale pumpkin, which I bought first, and will still carve. Either a skull face, or a comedy and tragedy mask on either side. :) As for difficulty, not really. For once, they were actually being sold in the local supermarket! Granted, there wee only around 4 of them, tops, and most of them cost upwards of $40 dollars. Thankfully I managed to get a cheaper one.

    Thanks. Yeah, it was tough not accidentally cutting the other teeth off when knocking out the slices. Luckily I managed.

    Hahaha! ;)

    I'll send you one soon. Are you hosting a blog party this year?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! I also have a Jarrahdale pumpkin, which I bought first, and will still carve. Either a skull face, or a comedy and tragedy mask on either side. :) As for difficulty, not really. For once, they were actually being sold in the local supermarket! Granted, there were only around 4 of them, tops, and most of them cost upwards of $40 dollars. Thankfully I managed to get a cheaper one.

    Thanks. Yeah, it was tough not accidentally cutting the other teeth off when knocking out the slices. Luckily I managed.

    Hahaha! ;)

    I'll send you one soon. Are you hosting a blog party this year?

    ReplyDelete