Thursday, March 4, 2021

Not This Time, Nayland Smith's 10 Year Anniversary!


Hello everyone. It's that time of year again, for this blog's anniversary, but this time it's special. Because it was at this time in 2011 when Not This Time, Nayland Smith was founded! That's right. It doesn't feel like it's been more than a couple, but it's somehow been 10 years! A whole decade! It'd make me feel terribly old, if I wasn't so young.

I've been through a lot, from blogging alongside studies, to uncooperative computers, etc, and have always enjoyed writing about the things I do. I'm most proud of all the obscure films, genres, or countries I'm able to discuss. From horror, to cheesy kung fu, action, comedy, musicals, etc, as well as periods of cinema, like the Golden Age of Hollywood, the glories of the 80s, and very occasionally some newer films. I'm glad to have had the opportunity to dip deeper into genres I was already a fan of, to discover areas of cinema I hadn't as much experience in, and to showcase particular actors, famous or underlooked.

Blogging has done much for me. While it might not exactly be a lucrative hobby, that doesn't interest me anyway. What it has done is bring me enough attention to have been published in three books on film! And a lot of what I've talked about has inspired me with some of my own writing. I've already been writing since forever, but ever since the May Monster Madness blogathon of 2016, where I reviewed as many female themed B-movies as I could, that inspired me to write a book based on all these ridiculous films and their cliches. Having seen so many movies too, good and bad, has also increased my confidence in one day taking up a video camera of my own.

I will continue to write as much as I can, about whichever fun, terrible, or bizarre films that cross my mind. Thanks to all who read and comment, and here's to many more years in the future...

No comments:

Post a Comment